Sunday, October 21, 2007

Shalom Chaverim

'Shalom Chaverim' is the name that some friends from GII Dago Choir and I (and some other friends ) use if we sing separately from GII Dago Choir. Every time I hear the name, I remember those GII friends.

I just found a song in ISC's (International Student Chaplaincy) songbook with the same title. It's an Israeli folk song (This might be where our choir's name came up after all ). After reading the translation of the song, I found another reason to remember those GII friends..


Pronunciation: Shah-loam khah-vair-eem (hah will do if you can't make the "kh" sound); Luh-heet-rah-aut.

Translation:
Shalom, chaverim,
Shalom, chaverim,
Shalom, shalom;

L'hitra'ot,
L'hitra'ot,
Shalom, shalom.


Shalom, o my friends,
Shalom, o my friends,
Shalom, shalom;

Till we meet again,
Till we meet again,
Shalom, shalom.


The melody, sung in canon can be heard here in youtube.

So, Peace friends.. Till we meet again

Shalom Chaverim at Uthe's Christmas Album Launching

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lagu ini toh... kayaknya di gereja Katolik sering dinyanyiin deh.. Salam, Salam.. gitu.

How is Delft btw?

Credo said...

Hehehe, sering ya..? Aku br pernah nyanyiin lagu ini di Delft sini.

Delft-nya sehat-sehat aja.. Aku yg di Delft yg lagi batuk2 ni, huehehe :D