Sunday, October 07, 2007

My Lovely Partner

This is my bike..
It's name is Sparta. Basically it is its brand, hehehe..

In Delft, it's handy to have your own bicycle since important places are not very far apart. So, it's advisable to buy a bike asap once you arrived in Delft (if you plan to stay for a long period, off course).

I bought it at Delft Kringloopwinkel (second-hand shop) on Rotterdamsweg for 75 euro. I know there are people who offer a good bike for a cheaper price, randomly on the road. But it is well known that the bike might have been stolen. The cashier in Kringloopwinkel gave me a receipt and told me that I could show the receipt to the police or whoever asking me about where I buy my bike. That will be a valid & trusted prove that the bike is not one of the stolen bikes.

Sparta has a front lamp and a back lamp. You'd better turn these two lamps on at night because you will get fine from police if you don't use them (oh well, you can also use temporary lamps attached to your bag or jacket).

Its wheels are still in a good condition. I hope they will last for two years.

It has 3 gear transmissions. I was told that it's not very important because Netherlands is such a flat land, but I am happy I have that feature because it's very hard to ride a bike facing strong wind without them.

A bell, a hand-brake and an embedded lock are also included. But at the picture, you can find 2 other chain lock: the green one and the black one. I brought the green one from Indonesia because I was told that bike theft in Netherlands is very common. But I bought a small one that could easily be cut. So I bought another one with thick chain for 13 euro. It's so strong I believe but I don't like to use it because it's very heavy. If I go to a trusted place, I prefer using the green one (I've got the embedded lock as well. So it's a double-defence-mechanism ).

I've been riding Sparta to campus, train station, Xotus (asian supermarket), and whatever place reachable by bike. I hope Sparta could be my loyal partner for at least these two years

10 comments:

Pojok Hablay said...

sepeda bagus berarti gembok mahal. walhasil gue beli sepeda jelek, itu loh kayak sepeda kumbang yang remnya musti diputer kebelakang, jadi gembok gak perlu mahal2. awalnya ketinggian, tapi terus terbiasa...

Credo said...

Hehehe, iya emang.. ga kebayang sepeda second harganya hampir sejutaan rupiah.. Alhasil krn ga rela kehilangan, jadi beli gembok yg 150ribuan rupiah, khekhehe.. (teteup ngeRupiahin.. slagi blom develop sense of the value of money)

Unknown said...

kayak di priok aja cuy banyak maling sepeda

akokow said...

Andy, nyumbang tulisan dunks

Boleh tentang sepeda eloe dalam satu kalimat aja di

http://satukalimat.blogspot.com

akokow said...

thank you, credo and also to your bike :p

Anonymous said...

Walah..gemboknya mahal amat sampai 150rb. Di Indonesia sih bisa dapat 7 gembok tuh.,,hehehe..

Di Belanda ya Mas??di jalan apa??RT berapa??hehehe,,bcanda..

Oya,saya suka deh sama Header blognya. Saya kira tadi itu animasi Flash,tapi ternyata cuma gambar yang ditiban animasi GIF ya?!!bagus..bagus..:)

Salam kenal ya Mas...

funeno said...

haha..sama. di swedia juga yang banyak kecurian itu sepeda ndy ;p

Anonymous said...

@Koko: Siap, udah dilaksanakan boss!! :D

@Nanto: Halo Nanto. Salam kenal kembali.. Btw, tanggal lahir kita sama, hehehe.. Yap, lagi di Belanda ni. Hahaha, itu header udah dari template kok. Ga sempat (dan ga mampu) mendesain, hehe :p Websitemu keren euy..

@Funeno: Halo.. halo.. Ini siapa ya? :D Blognya ga di publish ya..

ted said...

iya aku juga pengen punya sepeda ... tapi apa daya duit nya belom ada ...huhuhu...

Credo said...

Tapi di Jepang org2 lebih sering naik kereta kan? Ato pada pake sepeda jg? hehe