Sunday, March 18, 2007

American Idol 6: Top 12

Let's make this as a quick one.

Brandon Rogers - You Can't Hurry Love: bad enough. He forgot his lyric. Just like Melissa McGhee with her 'lately' last season. Eliminated first, she was. And he was too, this episode.

Melinda Doolitle - Home: A song titled 'home' that I don't know. I think the melody is not special, the lyric's good though. Though I didn't really like the earlier part of the song, Melinda sang it well. And she ended the song with a high long note and I feel hope there. The feeling the song supposed to deliver, I guess. On the interview with Ryan, she seemed very nice and funny :D

Chris Sligh - Endless Love: Humm, the new arrangement could be a good one actually. But the song is too loved the way it is originally (or a covered by Luther Vandross & Mariah Carey). I found that I didn't get the beauty of the song with this new arrangement.

Gina Glocksen - Love Child: Not impressive. Just okay for me. As I recall, she was pitchy.

Sanjaya Malakar - Ain't No Mountain High Enough: Gosh, Sanjaya!! Give more power and spirit to your song. Lemas kali pun kau!! (keluar deh aslinya :P). You're trying to convince me about the mountain, but I got the feeling that you're only kidding me. His pitch is okay though, if my memory didn't trick me.

Haley Scarnato - Missing You: Also forgetting her lyrics. Still not showing her skill vocally, but she looked somewhat interesting that night. Very beautiful. And those looks when she's getting comments from judges, aww.. I felt sorry for her and felt like I wanna hug her just to ease her discomfort hehehe.. She's lovely that night.

Phil Stacey - Make You Love Me: I don't know why, but I think his performance was very good. I liked it. The first performance of his that I like. Oh, maybe because he didn't force himself to sound 'rock' too hard..

Lakisha Jones - God Bless The Child: Umm, good vocally. But so so performically (again, I use this made-up-not-known-to-be-existing-word :P)

Blake Lewis - You Keep Me Hanging On: I remember it as a good one. I didn't remember the details :P

Stephanie Edwards - Love Hangover: I think this one's pretty good. Better than what she did last week. Additionally, the song is the type that usually is her thing.

Chris Richardson - The Boss: His performance was one of the best performance this night.

Jordin Sparks - If We Hold On Together: Woww! Jordin, though the song is not the kind of a festive song (that was usually picked by singers to show their skill off), you sang the song the way it should be, and delivered beautifully. You got my eyes and ears paying attention to you and your voice even at the early part of the song.. right until the end. After your interesting performance last week, I still found this one interesting. Well done!!

Those talking between Ryan and Simon about high heels, I like it :D Witty!

And I'm sorry.. This post turned out to be not-a-quick-one :P

No comments: