Friday, May 02, 2008

Voices from Animated Movies

These several days were holidays due to the queen's birthday (sering2 ya Ratu..), so I got the chance of watching several movies I've wanted to watch. Well, they're not new, I know (yaa maaph)..

I'm not going to talk about the story, but the voices of the characters that attracted my attention.

The first one is Charlotte's Web. The first time I heard Charlotte's voice, I found it very pleasant and soothing, yet familiar.. The voice was so motherly. At that moment, I didn't really try to recall the voice from my memory (not that I have much of them, heheh). After the film finished, I finally saw that Julia Robert was the one behind the character. Ahh ya ya, pantesan kayak kenal suaranya.

The second one is Horton Hears A Who! Although Jojo of the Whoville did not talk much (The moments he talked can be counted actually), he sang at the end of the film (Can't fight this feeling). The singing voice caught me, I really like it. Later on, I found out that it's Jesse McCartney's voice. As I search in YouTube to hear the voice again, I found out many people like the voice as well.

The third one is Shark Tale. I have bought the DVD when I was still in Bandung but never watched it. I really like the voice of Angie (Renée Zellweger) when she was mad at Oscar (Will Smith):
Angie: Sometimes, I wanna take your big, dumb, dummy head, and just... nyhhhh!
[makes pounding motions]

Another voice I like is of Frankie (Michael Imperioli), the shark, when he's dying:
Frankie: [dying] Lenny, is that you?
Lenny: I'm here, Frankie.
Frankie: Come closer.
Lenny: What is it, Frankie?
Frankie: I feel so cold.
Lenny: That's just because we're cold-blooded.
[Frankie slaps Lenny]
Lenny: Ow!
Frankie: Moron.
[dies]

The 'Moron' was hillarious, haha.

The voices behind the characters really helped in making the character memorable, I think.

No comments: