Saturday, March 15, 2008

New Language in Friendster

I don't know since when Friendster has had an Indonesian language as one of its language settings.

I just noticed it and decided to give it a try. The translation is okay in general, but I couldn't help laughing seeing my status: a translation of 'single' (see image)


Well, if I'm asked what a better translation for 'single', I really have no idea.. I think that one is already the closest, but still, I can't stop grinning...
Come to think of it, it really is a funny word (at least that's what I think when I tried to pronounce it)

Other translations:
In a relationship : Ada hubungan khusus
Domestic partnership: Pasangan dari Dalam Negeri
Already your friend: Telah menjadi teman anda
You have 25 friends in common: Anda memiliki 25 teman sehobi *terjemahan yang aneh. Kok 'sehobi'*

(I'm not gonna list them all)

Any Indonesians, can you come up with other translation to 'single'? Jangan bilang 'singgel'

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Bujang

Franciskus dan Poppy said...

hahhaaha
b'cred, aku jg br nyadar..
kl di aku " Ada Hubungan Khusus"
aeaewae

Credo said...

@Sahat: wehh, sami mawon (eh, tp aku emang blom kepikiran yg itu, hehe :D)

@Ciskus & Poppy: Huehehehe.. Ga mau nyoba "Pasangan dari Dalam Negeri" *mode ga Penting*

Anonymous said...

Domestic partnership kok malah 'pasangan dalam negeri' ????
Bukannya harusnya "pasangan serumah" :p

huehehehe.. lucu jg FS pake bahasa Indonesia

Anonymous said...

halah...hari gini masih friendsteran...facebook dunks :)

Credo said...

@Velly: Hehehe, iya tu Vel :D
@Koko: Dua2nya dong, hehehe :p

Anonymous said...

gimana klo 'belum menikah' atau 'belum kawin', biasanya di ktp atau di form isian biasanya pilihannya bgitu...

Ismail Habib said...

"Jomblo"

LOL...

Credo said...

@Nanda: Di KTPku: 'Tidak Kawin'. Ah, tapi mode pegawai negri pisan.

@HabsQ: Ahh iyaa.. mendingan itu aja kali ya.. Lebih 'friendster' (apa pula maksudnya :D). Tapi yg ngerti cm provinsi tertentu, hehehe..

Anonymous said...

hahaha ada lagi nih yg lebih aneh
masa post shoutout di translate jadi posting jeritanku
bener2 kacau.....

Credo said...

@nanda: heahaha. lucu banget..