Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Mandala Airlines Tragedy..

I read the news about Mandala Airline plane crash in detik.com.
I browse through the mass news about that accident, trying to find list of passenger, to see if someone I know was in the list. The accident happened in Medan, a city where some of my relatives lives. I thank God I didn't find any relative's name in the list. Although I am familiar with the name of the previous Governor of Sumatra Utara, Raja Inal Siregar.

Later that day, I got news via the elefante chorale's mailing list that Toghie's father should've been on board of that crashed Mandala plane. Thank God, he cancelled the flight because he had a class to be lectured.

But then when we're practising some songs for an event in Sesko AU, Lembang ('we' refers to some of my friends from GII Dago Choir and I), we got news from B'Therman
that Dame's mom and sister were on the plane. And both didn't survive.. *Sigh* I am terribly sad..
I got this weird feeling in my stomach and my head.. You know.. It feels terrible knowing that a person you love died.. Having a friend experiencing it brings the same effect.. You just can't ignore it.. Having the thought "What if my ... What if I.."

And this accident reminded me that we people are so close to death.. And remind me that today could be my last day..
My very deep condolences to Dame and also to all family left by their beloved family member..


MAZMUR
23:1 Mazmur Daud. TUHAN adalah gembalaku, takkan kekurangan aku.
23:2 Ia membaringkan aku di padang yang berumput hijau, Ia membimbing aku ke air yang tenang;
23:3 Ia menyegarkan jiwaku. Ia menuntun aku di jalan yang benar oleh karena nama-Nya.
23:4 Sekalipun aku berjalan dalam lembah kekelaman, aku tidak takut bahaya, sebab Engkau besertaku; gada-Mu dan tongkat-Mu, itulah yang menghibur aku.
23:5 Engkau menyediakan hidangan bagiku, di hadapan lawanku; Engkau mengurapi kepalaku dengan minyak; pialaku penuh melimpah.
23:6 Kebajikan dan kemurahan belaka akan mengikuti aku, seumur hidupku; dan aku akan diam dalam rumah TUHAN sepanjang masa.

No comments: