Monday, September 03, 2007

At the begining..

Yeah... I'm at a new begining.. Starting my new life as a student again in TU Delft, Netherlands.. A new life in Delft, a small yet very nice city. A new life in learning Management of Technology.

Some friends and I left Jakarta on August 24, 2007 around 15.00 WIB using Cathay Pasific. The flight was nice. Transited in Hong Kong for about an hour and left for Heathrow, London using Cathay Pasific as well. The flight attendants were from Europe and it turned out that they're not as nice as those from Asia.

Arrived in Heathrow (btw, Heathrow is such a huge airport..) and went through a strict check up.. We could only bring one cabin baggage no bigger than 56 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm (more info). There's a dimension checker (I don't really know its name, but it's some kind of construction where you could put your bag in if the dimension fits). We had to open our shoes/sandals and socks as well.

Passed the check up crew, we need to get my boarding pass of British Airways. It took a small plane to take the passengers to Schipol Airport, in Amsterdam.

We arrived around 9 am local time on August 25. When claiming the baggage, it turned out that most of the baggages of my friends were missing.. There were about 11 people in my group and only 2 got their luggages. Fortunately they were Richo and I. The others got their luggages somehow left in Heathrow (later we learned that this was not uncommon for British Airways flight from Heathrow to Schipol. Actually I had that kind of bad experience in this trip).

Out of the baggage claim area, we were greeted by some guys from PPI Netherlands: Rizli, Andy, Chris, Baqir, Anggara, Ahmad (my fellow for taking care of Depkominfo's requirements. Arrived earlier) and some others I couldn't remember (sorry).

Anggara took some of us to our temporary staying house (because the housing from DUWO was not available yet, until August 27). I stayed at Andrew and B'Tigor's room (thanks a lot, pals ) for 2 days at Hugo de Grootplein, near Delft Central Station.

I felt really sorry for leaving Bandung and all those great activities I've joined. I couldn't finished the rehearsal for Magnificat Church Choir Studio's Nelson Mass concert until the concert itself on September (Aarrgh.. There's "Credo" song there.. hehehe). I couldn't join GII Dago's 1st Choir Festival which will involve a Choir Master from Singapore. I couldn't join ITB Choir's Brahm and Mendelssohn concert. I couldn't continue my work with Alfie for Elechant's product. Fortunately I could do the home concert with Cherubim Choir on July.

I know, I have found comfort in Bandung. I love the city and all things in it very much. I once thought that I would spend most of my life in Bandung. I know I would miss the city and the activities a lot. Especially all my beloved friends there. But there's a certain point when I knew I have to move on. I have to leave Bandung for now. But I will certainly come back.. Either for staying or for only visiting..

So, welcome my new life..!

7 comments:

Pojok Hablay said...

every time I have a chance to read first time experience of living abroad (and especially in the Netherlands) I am getting mellow! Remember my own...

Enjoy every moment! It will go so fast, well, too fast to be precise

rizli said...

Sombong....Gituu...
hehehhe... Siap2 aja kalo ketemu gw ampe capek gw ngemeng itu hahahha

Credo said...

@Mellyana: Hehehe, K'Mell.. Makasih ya mau aja aku tanya2in macem2 sblom ke sini.. Bahkan pas sambil belanja urusan rumah tangga di Superindo, hehehe..

I will surely enjoy it.. :)

@Rizli: Gituu.. mentang2 ga ngaku sebagai anak IF.. Gituin teman2 IFnya.. Somboooong.. hwahahhaa..

SoulfulSinger said...

well, you are leaving your comfort zone to start something better to challenge yourself...that's great. by the way, do you have msn or yahoo chat? My msn: ziontj_7@hotmail.com - just add me. thanks

Credo said...

@TheSoulSinger: Hallo Bang. I've added you to my YM. Thanks :)

Harold said...

Keep study economics ¡¡¡¡

Credo said...

Harold..! You're very fanatic to that Economics, hehehehe :D