Friday, September 22, 2006

Regine Velasquez and Anggun

At first, I was looking for Regine Velasquez's songs in the internet. The only Regine's song I knew was "In Love With You" duet with Jacky Cheung. And yes, their performance is impressive. It's an old song, I've heard it since I was in Junior (or is it Senior?) High School.

Then I stumbled upon a song of her titled "If Ever You're In My Arms Again". Hmm, wondered whether that's the same song sang by Peabo Bryson. I search the lyrics, and yes.. it's the same song.

I love the song and really want to hear Regine's version. Hahah, thanks to this guy for providing it downloadable :D. Alas, I can only download it after office hour :D Oh well, no rush. Then, I read a review about Regine Velasquez that she is a Phillipine singer and well known as "Asia's Songbird". Hmm, she must be quite impressive that she obtained that title. She also produced the song "Emotions" with Mark Feist, who later produced the Destiny's Child cover of the same song in 2001 with little variation. I'd love to hear her version.

The long story about Regine's could be read here.

As I was reading, I realized that there's a link to Anggun. Then I read her profile. What amazed me was that her songs has been covered by CĂ©line Dion (covered "Tu Nages" in her French album "1 fille & 4 types") and Sarah Brightman (covered "Snow on the Sahara" as a bonus track on her album "Live from Las Vegas.").
Wow.. Wow..! Our Indonesian singer (though she splits her time in Montreal, Canada and Paris) has songs that were covered by singers as successful as Celine Dion and sarah Brightman. Haaa, those songs would soon be on my 'search list' :D

3 comments:

Bie said...

ngomongin soal cover version ... sampe sekarang gue masih tercengang ngeliat Tina Arena mengkover "I Want to Know What Love Is".

Sampe sekarang pun kalo gue nyanyi lagu itu pun kebawanya versi Arena bukan versinya sapa itu yang taon 80an.

Anonymous said...

Ckckck...bole jugak yaa Anggun :)

Eh Batak asli tapi loga melayu nih hehehe...rapopo :) aku sempet mampir pekanbaru loh :)

Anonymous said...

@Bie: aku suka dengerin lagu tertentu di cover sama penyanyi lain. Asal jadinya bagus aja sih :D Klo malah merusak, males bgt..

@Ranids: Hohoho, betul. Eh, mampir ke Pekanbaru dalam rangka apa? Ada sodara disana kah?